[Digikam-users] Re: Can't enter accented characters in album names - but can paste them

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Sep 29 15:59:31 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 02:37:06PM +0200, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> 2010/9/29 Chris G <cl at isbd.net>:
> > I occasionally want to put accented characters into my album names,
> > for example I want to put the French town name Nérac in a name.
> >
> > I can type the é just about anywhere (terminals, Firefox, etc.) using
> > the 'multi' key and typing e and '.  It doesn't work in digikam
> > though, can this be fixed?  I can paste an é into the digikam album
> > name but this is a bit clumsy.
> >
> > This is digikam 1.2 on xubuntu.
> >
> Not reproducible there. KDE 4.4.4, digiKam 1.5.0 from svn trunk.
>
> I'm French and i also use accentuate char of course.
>
> Gilles Caulier

How odd.

Ah, I've discovered the problem, for some reason in Digikam the order in
which the characters are typed is important!

If I type   <multi> e '   in Digikam I get nothing, however if I type
<multi> ' e   then I get an é.  Everywhere else it doesn't seem to matter
in what order I type the characters.

Anyway, I have a reasonable workaround now.  :-)

--
Chris Green