[Digikam-users] Re: Changing resolution not possible?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 27 06:49:17 BST 2010

on Thursday 23 September 2010, Michael wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can't believe there is no function in digikam (1.4 devel) to change the
> resolution. What I put in as 240 dpi comes out as 240 dpi...
>
> I desperately hope there will be at least an optional parameter for mogrify
in
> Extras/Batch as soon as possible. Or a plugin... Or a checkbox in the
> resize-dialogue... whatever.

And what would exactly be the use of that?
Sizes in pixels wouldn't change by changing dpi, and since digikam only
specifies sizes in pixels, working with dpi has exactly zero usefulness...

The only (and imo limited) use for dpi is as an easy way to specify an output
size in cm/inches with a quality.

If you feel a need that urgent for a dpi plugin, you could write one yourself
or hire someone to do it, no need to agress the developers (cf. your message
from Friday)

Remco