[Digikam-users] Change Resolution/Density

Michael kallewirsch at hotmail.de
Fri Sep 24 10:40:15 BST 2010

Hi

I can hardly believe it, but obviously it is not possible either in Digikam or
with any of the Kipi-plugins to change lpi/dpi of a photo. THis is very
disappointing.

If the input raw file is 240 dpi the output jpg file will be 240 dpi as well.

My urgent request: Please change that soon!

I should be able to reduze a 240dpi-file to 72dpi or 96dpi without having to
start another application.

This is a standard-procedure in ANY digital workflow..!

It should be available either in the resize-dialogue and/or in Extra/Batch.

Both convert and mogrify from imagemagick, which are often used anyway in the
background in Digikam, are able to do that with a simple switch "-density XY" in
combination with any resize/resample-operation.

~M

ps. I am on didigkam-svn 1.5