[Digikam-users] Installation help

Onno van der Straaten onno.van.der.straaten at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 06:45:37 BST 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to get Digikam working on Ubuntu 10.0.4.

I managed to install it using instructions on the website and start it
a first time. I think I successfully passed the initial configuration
steps. But now when I select Digikam from the menu nothing happens.
When I I try to start using command line I can see the following error
message

my-laptop:~$ digikam -caption "%c" %i
digikam: Unexpected argument '%i'.
digikam: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
my-laptop:~$ digikam -caption "%c"
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
still in use, all queries will cease to work.
Time elapsed: 15 ms
Time elapsed: 3 ms
Model: Time elapsed: 41 ms
TextureColorizer: Time elapsed: 22 ms
Time elapsed: 3 ms
Time elapsed: 3 ms
Model: Time elapsed: 9 ms
digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdigikamcore.so.1: undefined
symbol: _ZN11KDcrawIface19RawDecodingSettingsaSERKS0_

Should I try to remove and reinstall? It looks like something is very
wrong with my Digikam installation.
Thanks and Regards,
Onno

.