[Digikam-users] dK on Windows, virtual box issues

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Tue Sep 7 21:29:35 BST 2010

Am Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:38:50 -0400
schrieb Paul Verizzo <paulv at paulv.net>:

> I should have mentioned that I did spend many, many hours a few
> months ago trying to get Virtual Box and Guest Additions to "see" my,
> um, C drive and hence my image files.  I don't recall what the exact
> issues, possible warnings, or whatever were, I just could not get it
> to work.

Just yesterday I also had problems with VirtualBox's shared folders, I
just could not access the virtual box shared folder from the (windows)
guest. If you again encounter problems, consider using a different
mechanism for sharing access to the pictures. I'd think using "bridged
networking"[1] and ordinary network sharing (i.e. mount.cifs on Linux
the linux guest) should also do the job.

Vlado

[1] http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html#id2668019