[Digikam-users] Re: Calendar view - not sorting by EXIF date

Kyle Altendorf kyle.altendorf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 23:42:40 BST 2010

Unfortunately I had already written the metadata to the images (but
not the other stuff) without waiting for your wiser response...  this
ended up writing the incorrect date into two of the three EXIF fields
leaving only the digitization date uncorrupted.  This happened to a
few other images as well.

I re-copied the files with digiKam closed to recover the time stamps
and then reread their metadata into digiKam.  At this point I assume
that I have destroyed the scenario you were helping me explore and
debug.  :[  Maybe next time I won't jump ahead.  I can't check all 15k
images but things seem better now.

A separate issue, before I re-copied the files I went to manually undo
the date changes and noticed that the edit EXIF window doesn't have
any provision for editing the seconds field for any of the three
dates.  The same applies for IPTC and XMP as well.  In the EXIF
window, despite not having access to seconds the checkboxes and fields
are present for sub-second resolution.

As to the broken database and old bug...  I created this database
fresh with v1.4.0.  Should I be concerned about other troubles in the
database that I haven't noticed?

Thanks for trying to help and sorry I screwed it up,
-kyle