[Digikam-users] Re: mySQL howto

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Fri Oct 1 15:23:57 BST 2010

Although this may no longer be relevant I'd like to pick up this
rather old topic.

Am Sun, 1 Aug 2010 17:14:08 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Steve Ennico <steve.ennico at yahoo.com>:

> Ive
> googled up down  and all around but i cant seem to find any
> instructions on setting up a  DB to be used with digikam.

I just set up digikam to use MySQL on my local computer, and I pretty
much followed these instructions:

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/509

Before changing anything in digikam I used phpmyadmin (which I installed
via the corresponding Ubuntu package) to create two databases "digikam"
and "dk_thumbnails" from http://localhost/phpmyadmin (don't know if
digikam could have done that by itself).

As "port" I entered "3306", the setting given in "/etc/mysql/my.cnf".

Everything is working fine here, but I haven't tried to connect from a
different computer. My idea was to use the same mysql database on my
dual boot machine with Linux and MacOS, because just linking the
digikam4.db stopped working (probably with the update to digiKam 1.4 in
Linux)... but there is no digiKam with mysql support for MacOS (in
MacPorts) yet...

Vlado