[Digikam-users] Re: Theme apparence in different distributions

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Mon Nov 22 10:15:51 GMT 2010

The same thing as been reported here feew weeks ago.

I thing it's a matter of KDE when used in Gnome environment, but I
couldn't which component is responsible (KDE or Gnome).

I use Digikam with Ubuntu 10.10, and if I install Kubuntu packet, and
launch a true KDE session, the theme problem doesn't appear.

The only way I found to get a "correct" aspect is to use a more greyed
theme under Ubuntu, in this manner, there's less contrast in the KDE
application interface, and it's less noticeable, but it's not a real
solution.

Without this, i get this with the default Ubuntu 10.10 theme.
http://photonoxx.free.fr/digikamNX2/Digikam.jpg

Le Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:38:36 +0100, Marie-Noëlle Augendre
<mnaugendre at gmail.com> a écrit:

> I did try a few combinations.
>
> As I use Gnome, I access KDE theme settings via console->systemsettings.
> But
> nothing I can do in systemsettings is ever reflected in Digikam!
>
> On the contrary, when I modify the Gnome theme via the Système ->
> Apparence
> menu, the Digikam interface is updated at the same time.
> But I can't find a Gnome theme that has a light font in dark windows so
> it
> is compatible with the Digikam Dessert theme.
>
> Marie-Noëlle
>
> 2010/11/21 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
>
>> I can see the same dysfunction under MacosX.
>>
>> I suspect a problem with lead KDE color theme. But i'm not sure.
>>
>> In all case 2 color theme are used : one from KDE (default Oxygen),
>> and digiKam color theme, which is applied over KDE theme. The digiKam
>> theme manager mix both.
>>
>> Perhaps KDE theme have a problem under your system, which give side
>> effect under digiKam with internal changes applied by theme manager.
>> In fact it's that i suspect under macosX.
>>
>> To check : try other KDE color theme, use default in digiKam and look
>> if it's work. If yes, change digiKam theme and try again
>>
>> Gilles Caulier

Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs
http://www.photonoxx.fr