[Digikam-users] Re: How to pass a list of images file names to a script of mine ?

Ben Staude sben1783 at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 11 21:40:47 GMT 2010

Hello Etienne,

I'm also interested in the question you posted. I tried RMB -> "Open With" ->
"Other...", this calls the program (or script) you select once for each
selected file. This might already suite your needs or, when you need to call
your script only once with all paths as arguments, you could create a simple
script that appends its argument to some (hardcoded) tmp file, and then run
your script with the contents of that tmp file as its arguments.

<some more tryouts>

Within System Settings -> Mime Types (?, "Dateizuordnungen" in german), you
can add your custom script for the filetypes it supports. It then appears
directly in the RMB menu (still being called once for each file selected).

On the other hand, it should be only a small task for a digikam developer to
write a kipi plugin that simply creates a txt file with the paths of the
currently selected files - I think this might be quite useful in some
situations.

HTH
Ben