[Digikam-users] Re: (OT?): EXIF information in Nikon extracted EXIF thumbnail images. (D7000, EXIF image plugin ???)

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Thu Nov 4 07:42:26 GMT 2010

Hi,

I answer to the second question first : Personally I generally don't
extract Jpeg from NEF. So I never ask myself the first question, but I
guess exiftool (may be exiv2 has the same ?) could help cause it has a
function which copy metadata from a picture to another one. It's possible
to do that in a directory with subdirectory, but for that, NEF and JPG
have to be same named.

Regards

Nicolas

Le Thu, 04 Nov 2010 01:20:59 +0100, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> I've used a Canon 40D for the last 3 years.  I shoot everything in raw
> format.
>
> To get jpegs from most of my raws, I extracted a large thumbnail from
> the raw file via "exiv2 -ep2 *.CR2".  If I needed something more than
> that, I manually generated a jpeg from the raw file.
>
> Today I got a Nikon D7000.  I can still generate my jpegs from images
> embedded in the raw file.  To do this, I use  "exiv2 -ep3 *.NEF"
>
> This works well, except that the Nikon extracted images DO NOT contain
> EXIF data, whereas the Canon extracted images did.
>
> Why ?  How would one easily get around this ?
>
> This brings me to my next question... how many people extract images
> from their raw files and does it warrant someone writing a plugin to do
> this within Digikam ?
>
> Thanks

Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/