[Digikam-users] Is there really no easy way to select some images and export them?

N Fuller nfuller at netwood.net
Mon May 31 23:43:56 BST 2010

I also download from my camera into a "temporary" album I call "Unsorted".  I name and edit the pictures there, then copy them into two or more other albums - To Back-up, whatever subject I want them in, Pictures to Print, etc.  The aim is to have the Unsorted album empty or very small, but since all are albums, I can easily copy, print, back up to a thumb drive etc. from any of them.  I use my (Dolphin) file manager to do this, dragging or cut and paste-ing, which works, though sometimes digikam or Dolphin balks at copying too many at a time.
Is there a separate entity that is a "temporary" album?

Nancy, Ubuntu 9.0, digikam 1.0.0-beta 5