[Digikam-users] Reread Metadata from Images not importing EXIF "Image Description" as caption.

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at gmail.com
Mon May 31 16:54:30 BST 2010

Hi.

In Digikam 1.2.0, I used "Reread Metadata from Images". The EXIF field
"Image Description" is set and recognised by Digikam in the "Image
Information" tab, but not set as caption in Digikams database after
using "Reread Metadata from Images". Is there  a way to have this set
as caption from within digikam, or would this take some external
script that edits the database directly? I had such a script years
ago, but I'm sure it'd take rewriting as I assume Digikams database
structure has changed in the past couple of years.

regards,
Gerrit.