[Digikam-users] digikam svn doesn't show any pictures

Jens Müller tschensinger at web.de
Thu May 20 18:37:39 BST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 20. Mai 2010, um 12:00:15 schrieb digikam-users-
request at kde.org:
> Hi Jens,
>
> I'm using kubuntu 10.4. I have never installed the distro-packages of
> digikam but my home directory remained from my old install where I was
> using digikam 1.2.
> I was using Digikam 1.3 from the svn version on the new installed system
> which worked. Since I compiled and installed digikam as the tutorial
> said on the homepage it won't show any pictures.
> At first I was using my old settings but to see if there is a problem
> with the old settings file, I used the .kde-svn directories for the
> settings as suggested by the tutorial.
> Digikam 1.3 was compiled to /usr/bin but I did "make uninstall" before
> trying the tutorial.
> I had no distro provided version of digikam installed.
>
> Frank

Hi Frank,

you can also install digikam to default paths therefore you have to replace
every occurrence of
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
by
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`

But could you please try two things first:
1. If you own a 64bit machine try to replace the two lines in env_svn.sh
script of
----------------
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DIGIKAMDEST/lib/kde4:$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LDPATH="$DIGIKAMDEST/lib/kde4:$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
by
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$DIGIKAMDEST/lib64/kde4:
$DIGIKAMDEST/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LDPATH="$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$DIGIKAMDEST/lib64/kde4:$DIGIKAMDEST/lib64:
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"