[Digikam-users] upgrade / import captions from old digikam-db

Gys van Zyl gysvanzyl at gmail.com
Wed May 19 20:37:19 BST 2010

You need to copy the digikam database file from the old computer to the new
computer and change the volumeid of the collection to match the new
computer.

Make backups of everything!

Install SQLite database browser from the ubuntu software center
Open the new computer's digikam database file in SQLite browser
Go to the "browse data" tab
In the albumroots table, find the volumeid of your new collection, copy and
paste it into a text editor
Copy the old computer's database file to the new computer.
Open this file in SQLite browser
Change the volumeid to the one recorded before, save and exit