[Digikam-users] Tags a mess after numberouse upgrades, help me sort them out pls!

Jasper jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Wed May 12 00:02:18 BST 2010

Good Day all,
 Been using Digikam a good long time now, I think the database file I have
atm probably originated a few (2-3) years ago, and has in the last few
iterations of Digikam resulted in my tags becoming a big mess.
  (This may be because the database got completely fragged, but digikam has
cleverly reconstructed the tags etc, as they were all embedded.... )

At anyrate I had heirarchical tag structure, which still remains, but the
ends middles etc. of the heirachys have also been copied to the root, i.e:

places/{place1,place2, ...,placen,placeBlah/{blaseBlah1...}}
has become
<heirachichal as above>, and:
place1
place2
placen
plaseBlah/{plaseBlah1..}
plaseBlah1
 etc ad nauseum,

Can digikam allow me to sort these tags out and force the new heireachy back
into the image tags(exif)?
 I am not too worried if this involves some scripting that may take an hour
or so... as long as the tag tree can be cleaned up!

I am planning on going to mysql db, should this be done before migrating or
after?

Thank you.

Jasper