[Digikam-users] How to resolve the mysterious imlib depedency?

G NoSpam gandalf.nospam at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:38:49 BST 2010

Hi all,

when compiling digikam a number of dependencies have to be satisfied by
installing the required packages. For all but one this is easy; but I never
managed to get rid of the message that "imlib" is not available. Of course,
I installed all packages on my kubuntu system which had something like imlib
in their names, these were a few. But nevertheless, when compiling digikam I
always get the message that the required imlib is not available. Actually
this is not essential, as imlib is an optional dependency. Nevertheless I
wonder if someone managed to figure out how to resolve this? And moreover,
what is imlib needed for? There is a message saying it is required to build
the kuickshow project, but searching on the web I found only an old image
viewer project called kuickshow, which apparantly uses kde 2 (not 4.2 ;-) )
and was last updated in 2001 - I cannot imagine this is relevant for
digikam.

Can someone clarify these points?

Best,
Gandalf