[Digikam-users] not able to view images in only certain folders

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Mon Mar 29 03:45:58 BST 2010

Using KDE-4.4.1 with Digikam-1.1.0-r1.

Just noticed as I was going through some Canon cr2 files that some don't
show up - I have a blank window like it was empty. There's also some jpegs
not showing up. Ive got hundreds of directories and some have subdirectories
of jpegs. Only half a dozen won't show images. The subdirectories on some
show as blank, another shows one image of two. So far I've only noticed
these few directories behaving badly and they are adjacent to each other.
The directories bordering seem just fine.

I've replaced the .db file with a backup from about a month ago and it does
same thing - but I'm not sure how long this problem has been going on as it
may have been a few months since I accessed these particular directories.

I have some image backups and tried overwriting the images from backups and
it still shows no image. I can view the images when I click on them from
Dolphin, which opens them in ShowFoto.

I also run a virtual-box VM windows xp machine with Adobe Bridge and
Photoshop. I can open the directories and view the images in Bridge fine.
The images are on a NAS, the database on my localhost desktop.

I've looked to make sure I don't have any filters set, but not sure that
should be the case since some directories work fine, these few don't. I've
hit Refresh on the albums several times.

Any idea? what kind of info might you need or test I should perform? /jim