[Digikam-users] Downloading JPEG is amazingly slow

Leonardo Giordani giordani.leonardo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 11:44:07 GMT 2010

Pay attention to "on-the-fly" JPEG conversion to PNG, you find it in
the download window (where all the thumbnails of your camera images
are shown), in the last tab on the right (if I remember correctly).

PNG is not lossy, so converting a JPEG to PNG enables you to edit it
without losing quality every time you save it. Obviously, conversion
is not cheap. If you do not plan to edit your images or are simply
happy with plain JPEG, turn off this option and download will speed
up.

Bye

Leo