[Digikam-users] digikam 1.1.0. installed with KDE windows 4.4. crashes when saving images to jpg or png files

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 13:20:42 GMT 2010

2010/3/10 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>:
> On 10 March 2010 13:17, JUANGAL at iies.es <JUANGAL at iies.es> wrote:
>> I´ve installed digikam 1.1.0. with KDE windows 4.4. on my PC (win XP SP3)
>> I´ve noticed digikam crashes when saving images to jpg or png files. Saving
>> to tif files is ok, though lossing EXIF values
>> Has any this problem?

this is problably KDirWatch problem (KDElibs bug). update to KDE 4.4.1

> I didn't see any crashes but rotating jpg pictures made them
> unreadable. Perhaps related?

This is another one, relevant of libjpeg version 8 which break
compatibility with libjpeg code version 6 included in digiKam core
used to process JPEGG loss less operation. Same problem have been
reported to Gwenview. It's valid too for Linux. Fixed by Marcel in
current implementation from svn (next digiKam 1.2.0)