[Digikam-users] Giving my wife access from her WINDOWS computer ?

Brano branob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:07:59 BST 2010

On 10-06-22 01:15 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I'm looking for ideas on how my wife could have access to the images
> that I store in Digikam from her Windows computer.
>
> Preferably I would be able to control some aspects of her access such as
> she could edit tags but not delete anything ?
>
> She is running Windows 7, if that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks
>
> LG

For now, I have a read-only share for my wife where she's accessing the
pictures.
She has her own DB on local drive. This is with digikam 1.2 This allows
here to create her own tags.
Once in a while I switch the share to read-write and sync her tags to
files. Then I sync my tags from files back to my DB.
Not a perfect solution but works nicely for us.

Later I'm planning to get us on shared DB with digikam 1.3.