[Digikam-users] Auto-load on camera connect in gnome

Matthew Millar mattmill30 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:15:11 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get digikam to load when gnome detects a ptp camera has been detected, however, i can't seem to work out how.

I've tried a few different ways:

When the camera is connected, it pops up asking what i'd like to do. Currently F-Spot is listed, so i selected "other program" and type in:

digiKam --detect-camera

and press ok, but nothing loads.

I also tried dropping the digikam.desktop file into /usr/share/applications/ and ammending Exec=digikam to Exec=digikam --detect-camera

This shows up in the dialog that pops-up when the camera is connected, but it still doesn't run when its selected.

I noticed that the digikam.desktop is:

#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open
# KDE Config File

This wouldn't cause an incompatibility with the gnome dialog would it?

I have also tried without the --detect-camera switch, to check it wasn't that was causing a problem, but it still doesn't load

Thanks for any help,

Matthew