[Digikam-users] GPS Logger - add GPS to exif

Micha Neubauer Micha.Neubauer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 8 10:59:30 BST 2010

just a short comment:

for downloading gpx files from your gps-device you might also want to have a look at
"QLandkarte QT" and "QGIS". They also provide kind of GUI for gpsbabel. But of course:
they are complex programs, so another way might be easier... but still those programs are
great when you work with geographical data, so it might be worth the work.

And about the gpx files: As already said, you need the time stamps for a correlation. The
time stamps are always deleted when you safe the file. A saved track is also reduced to 500
waypoints only. This is done in order to free some space. So you always have to download
you track before saving it. But when the track is logged directly on a SD-card, the time
stamps are written on it as well and are not deleted afterwards.

But actually you were  writing about having a data logger... I and probably jim as well
were talking about the Garmin hand held devices. So you have to play around and try in
which way gpx files are stored in your logger...
I hope this still helped.