[Digikam-users] GPS Logger - add GPS to exif

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Mon Jun 7 06:36:31 BST 2010

On 06/07/2010 04:39 AM, Brano wrote:
> I'd like to ask about your workflow how to add the easiest way GPS info
> from GPS logger to exif on linux.
>
> I found few utilities like
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gps2photo/
> http://freefoote.dview.net/linux_gpscorr.html
> http://code.google.com/p/gpicsync/
>
> Before I waste too much time on any of these, what's your best practice
> / workflow / tools to add GPS info to exif?

I use GPSSync which is part of kipi-plugins and can be used in digikam.
You have to install the kipi-plugins package from your distribution.
Then you can select some images and go to
"Image->Geolocation->Correlator" to have the coordinates from your
recorded tracks added to your images. Note that it can only read gpx
files, so you may have to convert your data to the gpx format using for
example gpsbabel. Once you have the coordinates written to your images,
you can use the "Map search" tab on the left side of digikam to search
for images on a map.

Michael