[Digikam-users] tags in database versus in image file

Wilkins, Vern W vwilkins at indiana.edu
Sun Jul 25 02:05:29 BST 2010

I usually tag my images, but I've only recently started writing the tags to the image file (including RAW which seems to work fine in 1.3 even though it's listed as experimental).  If I lose my database I lose my tags.  I do backups but there's still some risk of losing data.  What I'm wondering is if the tags are written to the files, will Digikam read those tags back into a new database?  If not, is there a way to force Digikam to import the tags?  What about ratings that are written to the image files?

Thanks,
Vern