[Digikam-users] digikam 1.2.0 slows down

Dr. Martin Senftleben drmartinus at drmartinus.de
Fri Jul 23 09:19:27 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm using 1.2.0 as it is the currently available version for LinuxMint.
Desktop is Gnome. DigiKam is a marvellous tool! However, I have
performance problems. Back from vacation, I have to work my way through
about 15.000 pictures. Initially they are all in one folder, so I can
separate the good from the bad ones.
I give tags, comments, evaluate the images, crop and rotate a few and
then move them to their respective places = other folders. I use, as is
obvious, also the editor.
After having gone through about 100 images in this manner, I find that
digikam slows down quite a bit, up to the point that I have to wait for
a minute for changes to apply to the image I'm just working on. After a
restart, everything is fine again, changes are applied instantaneously.
Is there a way to bypass the need to restart digikam? Is this a known
problem that has been solved in 1.3?

Thanks!

Martin