[Digikam-users] [OT] Recommendation for photo sharing site?

Sebastian Schubert schubert.seb at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:20:36 BST 2010

Hi list,

I would like to share my photos with friends and family (only private
access), some for the public. So I would like to share my photos on-line
in albums where I can define access rights. Photos should be browseable
and (which I find lacking in all the sites I had a look at) downloadable
picture by picture but also as some kind of batch job (or a zip file, or
...) for a complete album in full quality.

If this served as some kind of backup for me, that would also be nice.
The community aspect of the site is not that important for me. Of
course, I'd like to use digikam for upload and download, but other users
should be able to download complete albums as easy as possible on all
kind of platforms (I guess mostly Windows...).

For what I can see from digikam commands, Smugmug seems to be a good
option, although downloading a complete album is not part of the official
features....

Any recommendations or experience?

Cheers
Sebastian