[Digikam-users] Odd behaviour of geotagging in digiKam 1.3.0

Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:28:30 BST 2010

Hi,

I have just gone up to digiKam 1.3.0, and I can see a rather odd
behaviour when geotagging images.

The first image worked ok, but after that one I couldn't choose any
coordinates because the map was just gray. Choosing a bookmarked
position only gave the coordinates 0, 0, 0.

Then I saw under properties that there were two radiobuttons for
choosing api towards google. In my swedish translated version those
two had the same api versions, V2. The first was selected so  tried
the second, and now it works allmost as before. The only difference
seems to be that it's only possible to zoom in/out with +/- buttons.
The scale is not visible any more.

I have tested this with kipi-plugins versions 1.2.0 and 1.3.0.

I have tested with a fresh user with the same behaviour.

I'm running openSUSE 11.3, with digiKam 1.3.0 from
KDE:UpdatedApps/openSUSE_11.3 repository.

I haven't seen any posts about this. Any ideas about this?

/Anders