[Digikam-users] (no subject)

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 07:16:12 BST 2010

2010/7/13 Elle Stone <l.elle.stone at gmail.com>:
> Dear Digikam users,

Hi Elle.

> I have a problem and I'm hoping someone here can help.
>
> I have about 9000 images in an IMatch database, running on windows in
> a VirtualBox. I've been putting off transferring my categorization
> efforts over to Digikam, but IMatch isn't running as well as it used
> to in the VirtualBox - an understatement.

This is a very important subject from me, to be able to import tags
hierarchies from another photo-management software.

I already solved lightroom, picasa, and iphoto import through XMP
metadata. imach is not yet done.

> If it is relevant, I'm running Digikam 10.4 on Ubuntu Lucid using

This is not help. Go to Help/Components Info and give me a copy of all
info provided, in cluding right digiKam version show in the dialog.

The id provided by ubuntu do not fell digiKam release id. Do not ask me why...

In all case, i recommend to update to last digiKam 1.3.0 release.
Also, to have Exiv2 library updated to last 0.20.0 is very there
important here.

> icewm as the window manager, with a mix of gnome, kde, and other apps.
>
> I have hierarchical categories/tags in IMatch. IMatch can write IPTC
> and XMP to the image file itself or to a side-car. About half of my
> images are jpegs. The rest are raw (CR2) files. IMatch can write to
> both raw and jpeg, but writing to the raw files is very, very, very
> slow.

yes, i know. I already tested imach on my computer.

Note that xmp side car is not yet fully supported by digiKam. This is
will done with digiKam 2.0.0. It's under development.

> I made a test run with some jpegs, using an IMatch script to write the
> keywords to the IPTC keywords field. Digikam  doesn't import the
> dotted keywords from the IPTC keywords field as tags - the dotted
> keywords just get ignored, though they are visible in the Digikam IPTC
> window.

digiKam do not use a '.' as separator, but '/'.

Look this code relevant :

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.cpp#574

Look like, for LightRoom, i have adapted code to use '|' instead '/'.
I can do it also for Imach.

You will see also there where tags path list list will be parsed from
metadata. By order :

Xmp.digiKam.TagsList        => 1/ from digiKam xpm namespace. this is
out of subject there for you.
Xmp.lr.hierarchicalSubject   => 2/ from LightRoom namespace.
Xmp.dc.subject                  => 3./ from standard xmp keywords.
Iptc.Application2.Keywords  => 4/ and finaly, from standard iptc keywords

Now, i need to know WHERE Imach write tags path list in metadata. I
need a sample image processed to check. A jpeg file is enough here.
lease send me it by private mail.

and this to be continued (:=)))