[Digikam-users] digiKam without KDE and problem with dark themes

Paweł Rumian gorkypl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:23:57 BST 2010

hello,

I'm using digikam since a very long time and have been using KDE since
1.x releases.

However, because of the last changes in KDE (hard dependencies on
akonadi and similar stuff), I've switched to Awesome and I'm
absolutely satisfied with this WM.
The only major problem I have is the appearance of digiKam.

I'm using dark themes - they're obviously less distracting than the light ones.
Unfortunately, after uninstalling KDE digikam look very bad - the
'separators' are white and many of the text widgets look very crappy
(kind of 'blured').
Here is the example: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1637/digikam1.jpg
And another one, with top menu opened:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5846/digikam2.jpg

The problems disapperar with light themes:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/319/digikam3.jpg

I've got kdelibs and (presumably) all dependencies of digikam (under
Gentoo) installed.

What can be the reason? Any ideas how to make those dark themes look
good enough? (it happens with all of them)

greetings,
Paweł