[Digikam-users] Black and white images

davidvincentjones davidvj at verizon.net
Sat Jan 30 16:59:49 GMT 2010

Remember that "full color" data has already been messed with in an attempt to
convert the R,G1,B,G2 to something that somebody else feels is acceptable. I
am not sure if B/W processed in the camera needs anything more than direct
extraction of individual pixels. There should, in principle anyway, be no
losses as one will get in color spectral fidelity.

I do not subscribe to Photoshop .... I am a Linus worker and find that many
Ps users anyway tend to use their 'paintbrush' to excess.