[Digikam-users] Location data in EXIF not showing in Picasa

spinsheet spinsheet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:39:23 GMT 2010

I have set up a network drive in our organization to store all of our photos.
Most of us will be accessing the images with digiKam and so far that part
seems to be working out OK. I wanted to see if people could also use other
applications to access the images and to read the metadata.

I tested it out by using Picasa. Picasa read most of the metadata that
digiKam created that was in EXIF but there was no sign of any location data,
when I looked at the EXIF data in digiKam I could see it. I saw most of the
data in Picasa (tags, camera specifics) but no location info.

Is location info standard? Is this something that I should be seeing in
Picasa or not?