[Digikam-users] How to best save images

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 12:16:45 GMT 2010

jdd wrote:
> But it's an enormous amount of data. Simply copying it from the camera
> to the computer takes ages

It doesn't have to. I use an EOS 40D with 4GB CF cards. I remove the CF
card from the camera and download the data using a CF adapter using drag
'n drop in Explorer. I have two adapters, one will take ages to transfer
the data, say 30 mins or more, while the other is much faster, less than
4 mins for 4GB.

> What I would like is a centralized file management: for example be
> able to remove both raw and jpeg on one action (now I have to scan
> file names).

Yes that would be good.

Andrew