[Digikam-users] when does digiKam terminate?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Jan 21 13:57:15 GMT 2010

Hello,

Sometimes I see digikam still running long time after I closed it. There is no
message about it, no sign, no nothing, just that my computer is slow and I see
the digikam process is running...

Today I first realized this, because I closed digiKam, then startet it again
10 minutes later and it was hell slow. I looked in top - and saw two digikam
processes...

I gues it happens when digiKam rebuild the thumbnails and I close the app
before it endet. Like today: I retouched many photos in gimp, then opened
digikam. It started to build the new thumbs. But I didn't want it to do that
right now, so I closed digikam and wanted to do something else. But digikam
still uses up to 78% of my system power.

How comes?

How, except of looking with top, do I know when digiKam has really terminated?
Would it be bad if I shut down the computer, while digikam is still working
"secretly"?

Let me know about the secret jobs, that digikam does, after I colse the app...

Thanks

Daniel