[Digikam-users] Changing digiKam colours (KDE on Windows)

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Mon Jan 18 09:09:41 GMT 2010

Yes, Oxygen is definitely a KDE "problem", and it may be that they have deliberately left it on the Windows native setting so the programs look like windows programs.

But how does Oxygen make the scrollbars (for example) dark?  If I leave the KDE theme set to Windows native, none of the digiKam themes can change them.  But as soon as I enable Oxygen, some digiKam themes can change them.

Now you say that the KDE theme Wonton Soup can change them even with digiKam theme set to default?

I'm confused about how they're interacting.

With the change to Qt4, will this remove the need to change the KDE theme?

I think programs like digiKam are different to others, e.g. OpenOffice, and need everything dark where the others need not be.  I would have thought it would warrant overriding the system theme entirely.