[Digikam-users] Changing digiKam colours (KDE on Windows)

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Sun Jan 17 22:18:57 GMT 2010

Answering my own question, I configured KDE on windows to use the Oxygen theme instead of Windows Native, and that has fixed all the problem areas.  For those yet to try this, I edited C:\Documents and Settings\myprofile\Application Data\.kde\share\config\kdeglobals and added:
[General]
widgetStyle=oxygen

I have been trialling the Lightroom 3 beta, and was wondering why my photos seemed to look better with it than digiKam, then realised it was because of the dark background.  Maybe digiKam should have a dark background by default, I think it gives a much better first impression of the program.