[Digikam-users] Compiling digiKam with emerge - was Compiling 1.0.0 for KDE 4.3.4 for Windows

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Fri Jan 15 23:05:15 GMT 2010

I've set it all up at home now, so no problems with firewalls, and this time I cleared the path before starting , as you suggested.  So far it has been running for about 2.5 hours, and it's currently downloading git://gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git.

This seems like a pretty big file (550MB) and the link to that server seems pretty slow - I calculate it will take another 3 hours to download.  I don't remember it taking anything like that long at work, although I left it running while I did other things, so I may have just forgotten about it.

Now I just have to keep the family away from it till it's done.  I hope git can resume downloads.