[Digikam-users] what is the red circle for?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Jan 12 16:49:02 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 17:09:53, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Yes, it make a sence to only work on target image because the
> information displayed from histogram is target image.
>
> The color components is displayed with a marker in histogram. Do you see
>  this ?
>
> The idea is to check is color is oversatured or undersatured in target
> image, after to have applied colors effect.
>
> Gilles Caulier

Ah, I see... I always use the "mouse-over"-view (change between original and
target when hovering), so when I move the red circle nothing happens, because
I'm always in the original... Now I tried a different mode and I see that the
position in the histogram is shown in the target... Didn't realize this
before.

However its a bit confusing to me that the circle is also shown in the
original, where it is of no use. Would be nice to have that circle only in the
target view, or, to show the histogramn position in the original, too.

On the other hand, I'm quite easy to confuse :-)

have a nice day!

Daniel