[Digikam-users] digikam with xfce and thunar filemanager

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:14:12 GMT 2010

On giovedì 07 gennaio 2010 23:04:28, dummy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am using digikam under xfce.
>
> The default filemanager within digikam seems to be dolphin. I would
> like to use thunar instead.
>
> Is this possible? I didn't find any configuration within digikam...

You need to install systemsettings, the KDE4 control panel. I'm not sure about the name of the package in Ubuntu, but if you do a search for the file name you should find it (maybe systemsettings-kde4?).

After you have installed systemsettings, you can start it from a terminal. The settings you want to change are in something like "favorite applications" (my system is in Italian, try to search for something similar).
In the left pane look for "File manager", click on it and in the right pane you should see a list of file managers available on your system, choose the one you want to use or click on "other" and point it to the path of your favourite file manager.

Finally, click "Apply", restart digikam if it's running and test if it worked. I'm not sure, but maybe you could need to do a new login to make it work...

If it worked, you can uninstall systemsettings and be happy.

bye bye
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something