[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 10 Giles reply to frustrated NEW user

Robert Zeller robert.zeller at robert-zeller.org
Fri Jan 8 19:57:02 GMT 2010

Mac,

your problem not being able to save edited images to your NAS is
certainly not a digikam related problem. I am using a similar set up
here, with an open SuSE 11.2 Linux system on a workstation and a QNAP
NAS, that I use to store my data. I am able to edit my images in digikam
on the workstation and restore them to the NAS without any problems. To
me it seems that your problem may be related to the way your NAS file
systems are mounted on your workstation.
On my installation the NAS file systems are exported as CIFS via Samba;
and mounted automatically on my SuSE workstation as:

//qnap/Qmultimedia on /media/QNAP/Qmultimedia type cifs
(rw,mand,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

the entry in /etc/fstab reads as follows:

//qnap/Qmultimedia  /media/QNAP/Qmultimedia  cifs
uid=1001,gid=100,user,username=robert,password=xxxxxx ,auto  0  0

( //qnap/Qmultimedia being the NAS cifs file system;
/media/QNAP/Qmultimedia being the mount point on the SuSE workstation)

I am using the same username (robert in this case) on both the
workstation and the NAS; password is the password that I use for
"robert" to logon to the QNAP NAS.

Sorry, that I have no experience with Ubuntu. Anyway, hope this
information may be useful.

Robert

-