[Digikam-users] Moving digiKam collection

Bartek Pietrasiak pietras.sp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:09:58 GMT 2010

1. Just move the root directory of you collection (can be found in settings)
to a new location, start digikam and point the new directory and the db file
(which is in root dir by default) in the wizard.
2. Copy instead of move and point new local collection and db in settings (I
didn't try that way)
3. You can have pictures on both disks. Add a new local collections in
settings and you can move some/all to this new one using digikam only

Make a backup ...