[Digikam-users] how to find images without some tag, for example GPS location tags

Greg Kennedy kennedy.greg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 14:17:36 GMT 2010

Save this Perl script in your base directory as "print_no_gps.pl":

#!/usr/bin/perl

if (`exiftool -GPS \"$ARGV[0]\"` eq '')
{
  print "$ARGV[0]\n";
}

and then...

find <dirname> -iname "*.jpg" -exec print_no_gps.pl {} \;

You can change the -GPS to -MakerNotes or whatever later, to get your
second goal : )

-Greg