[Digikam-users] Users manual?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:28:53 GMT 2010

2010/1/5 jdd <jdd at dodin.org>:
> Le 05/01/2010 22:39, Mark Greenwood a écrit :
>
>> say it again, it's a community. Users help each other.
>
> and I have to say that when I began to use digikam the manual was
> horrible.
>
> Now it's online, but very good, with many images and details. A great
> job done by I don't know how, but not by me :-(

60% by me, the rest Gerhard Kulzer and others contributor.

The manual is not updated. It still to use 0.9.x screenshot.

All manual is written in docbook format and can be exported to html,
pdf, ps, txt etc... later.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/doc/digikam/

docbook is XML based format, not too complicated to understand. A lots
of text are contents, the rest is formating.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/doc/digikam/index.docbook?view=markup

I will be happy to see new contributors working on that and updating
THE BOOK, because it's a book about digiKam and photography.

All screenshot are PNG files.

My time to share with it is very reduced now : coding coding coding.

But i can guide new contributor to manage this part. It's very simple
to do if you know how to start.

My best