[Digikam-users] CPack packaging support for digikam and kipi-plugins

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:13:18 GMT 2010

In the latest mailings the were questions about .deb packages of
digikam. Were it not better to just use CPack for this task? This way
.deb, .rpms and so on could be created and used for installing the
programs the way distributions do.

It is especially important for libraries like libksane etc. I had some
bad experience in installing a newer version of a library over the
existing one already installed via apt. And I couldn't just uninstall
the library cause there were a lot of applications depending on that
library.

I have also found this proposal for GSoC 2009
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-mac&m=123523084305033&w=2. Are there any
plans to implement this?

Best regards,
Yegor