[Digikam-users] Compile

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Sun Jan 3 00:18:18 GMT 2010

Am Sat, 2 Jan 2010 15:33:07 -0500
schrieb Jesus Arocho <jesus_arocho at comcast.net>:

> I downloaded the tarball and successfully compiled the program.  I removed the
> digikam package from my Kubuntu karmic and installed the compiled program.
>
> Couple of issues, more than likely my ignorance: 1. album directories
> appeared, but not the contents, (0) for each of the directories.  Rescan did
> not work,

DigiKam has to be installed in a specific directory alongside the other
KDE stuff.

Either follow these "generic" instructions:
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/download?q=download/tarball

Or, since you are using (K)Ubuntu, you can also create your own .deb
package:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2009-December/009154.html