[Digikam-users] Some (basic) questions regarding Digikam 1.1.0 (Kde 4.4 SC on Kubuntu 9.10)

So Lixo solixo2004 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 22:58:30 GMT 2010

I almost left Picasa for Digikam, but there are some items that I find a bit
"annoying", so if somebody can help me/clarify (I'm a total newbie, so bear with
me):

1) Sometimes I want to crop photos for printing on 4x6i/10x15cm photo paper. The
Aspect Ratio Crop, doesn't offer a direct way to crop but according to paper
formats... I have to choose custom. I'm doing something wrong/missing something
or is there a way that I'm missing?

2) Is there any way of "clean" a photo (like a clone/stamp) tool inside the
Image Editor? Or do I have to use an external editor?

3) Is there any way to set the default print settings? My printer needs to print
in Landscape mode, and I need to change always for *every* photo that I print
the settings to Landscape mode.

Thanks for a great program!