[Digikam-users] Compiling from scratch

Beatriz Botero bboteroh at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:48:33 GMT 2010

I am working with Linux from Scratch, kernel 2.6.32.2, after a very
difficult building process of kde-4.4 maimly due to the fact, that it is
a process in development. Building Digikam makes problems.

First I started with Digikam's www.page. I am trying to build the
version for KDE-4. Nevertheless, the requirimentes mentioned there are
still for kde3 !. All but one of the requirements were already build. I
only had to build "libkexiv" but I did'nt succeed. Configuration was
arguing., that the prefix was wrong, as the KDE libraries were not
found. This seems to mean, that the wrong libraries ( KDE4 instead of
KDE3 ) were found. Asking in the kde list they recomended "libkexiv"
from trunk svn. Trying to build "libkexiv" I get the following:

My variables:
export VERBOSE=1
export QTDIR=/opt/qt-4.6.1/
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

Being in sources/libkexiv2/build I issue:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde-4.4/ /sources/libkexiv2/

and get
quote
---------------
Re-run cmake no build system arguments
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
   No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

     cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

   should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
   if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
   information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /sources/libkexiv2/build

---------------------
end quote

Issuing "make" i get
-------------- make -----------------
make
/usr/bin/cmake -H/sources/libkexiv2 -B/sources/libkexiv2/build
--check-build-system CMakeFiles/Makefile.cmake 0
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start
/sources/libkexiv2/build/CMakeFiles
/sources/libkexiv2/build/CMakeFiles/progress.marks
make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 all
make[1]: Entering directory `/sources/libkexiv2/build'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/libkexiv2/build'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /sources/libkexiv2/build/CMakeFiles 0
------------------- end make ----------------------

make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

No way for me to understand what is happening. Configuration seems to be
OK. Make does not work, evidently. Can someone tell me what I should do
or what is going wrong ? BTW, the requirements in the home page point to
packages that build under KDE3 ! This could be the problem or part of it.

Thank you very much in advance,
Beatriz