[Digikam-users] Headline: XMP vs IPTC; where to set in digicam; country; update

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Thu Feb 25 07:38:08 GMT 2010

Sebastian Schubert píše v Po 22. 02. 2010 v 22:40 +0100:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 22 February 2010 15:57:45 Milan Knížek wrote:
> > Sebastian Schubert píše v Ne 21. 02. 2010 v 15:49 +0100:
> > > Then, digicam seems to ignore the Country information. In the digicam
> > > Location fields City, Sublocation, Province are correct, only country is
> > > empty. What can I do? Bug?
> >
> > How about using country code (DE) and Country (Germany/Deutschland)? Or
> > just the country code only?
> >
> > $ exiv2 -pa sample.jpg
> > Iptc.Application2.CountryCode                String      3  NZL
> > Iptc.Application2.CountryName                String     11  New Zealand
>
> This is in the file:
>
> $ exiv2 -pa 20100201-101712-01.jpg
> Iptc.Application2.CountryName                String     11  Deutschland
> Xmp.photoshop.Country                        XmpText    11  Deutschland
>
> But in the right hand side under Caption/Tags -> Location -> Country, there is
> nothing in the text field. Is this the correct behaviour?

If I recall correctly, then I had to add also country code so that
digiKam could import the country name.

You can do that in some IPTC editor, which allows mass changes (i.e.
search for Deutschland country name and add the correct country code as
shown in digiKam).

Or possibly write some script with exiv2.

P.S. Of course, before attempting to do so, test on a few images. May be
my brain fooled me after several months when I migrated to digiKam.

Regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - About linux and photography (Czech