[Digikam-users] Write Metadata takes long time

Juergen jforum at gmx.com
Sun Feb 21 20:48:38 GMT 2010

Am 20.02.2010 16:22, schrieb Johannes Wienke:
> Am 20.02.2010 16:20 schrieb Juergen:
>> Am 19.02.2010 20:34, schrieb Brice Boyer:
>>>
>>> 2010/2/19 Juergen<jforum at gmx.com<mailto:jforum at gmx.com>>
>>>
>>>      Hallo.
>>>
>>>      I have the problem that it takes a long time for digikam to write
>>>      metadate into files.
>>
>>> I got the same "problem" (with my nikon files). That's exiv 0.19 fault.
>>> just go back to 0.18. (see #224094)
>>> hope it helps.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> No. This didn't help in my case.
>>
>> I changed back to exiv2 version 0.18 and there was no change,
>> I changed back to exiv2 version 0.16 and there was no change either.
>>
>> What parts in the software are involved so that I can try going back
>> step bey step and see where the problem goes away?
>
> Is the problem reproducible with the exiv2 command line?

Do you know how the command goes ? I copied 20 Files taken with my D90
and with Tags in them into a test folder.

Before I write a new tag into them I tried to find the old ones. But I
couldn"t find them with exif2.

I saw them in the IPTC part but not in the exif part.

I also saw them with the prog "jhead".

First, before I write a new tag to this test files. How can I check on
the old ones in the exif section ?

--
Greetings

Jürgen Flosbach