[Digikam-users] Write Metadata takes long time

Juergen jforum at gmx.com
Sat Feb 20 15:20:12 GMT 2010

Am 19.02.2010 20:34, schrieb Brice Boyer:

> 2010/2/19 Juergen <jforum at gmx.com <mailto:jforum at gmx.com>>
>
>     Hallo.
>
>     I have the problem that it takes a long time for digikam to write
>     metadate into files.

<SNIP>

>     --
>     Greetings
>
>     Jürgen Flosbach
>
>     e-mail : jforum at gmx.com <mailto:jforum at gmx.com>
>

> Hello.
>
> I got the same "problem" (with my nikon files). That's exiv 0.19 fault.
> just go back to 0.18. (see #224094)
> hope it helps.
>
> --

No. This didn't help in my case.

I changed back to exiv2 version 0.18 and there was no change,
I changed back to exiv2 version 0.16 and there was no change either.

What parts in the software are involved so that I can try going back
step bey step and see where the problem goes away?

What is for sure is that it has to do with writing metadata and,
probably with NINON metadata. Because, my daughter has a CANON Powershot
and metadata there are written in a flash.

--
Greetings

Jürgen Flosbach

e-mail : jforum at gmx.com