[Digikam-users] digiKam 1.1.0 packages for openSUSE 11.2

Brano branob at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 04:53:13 GMT 2010

Since I couldn't find backport packages of digiKam 1.1.0 for openSUSE
11.2 I've built them myslef.

For the first time ever I've used the openSUSE build service here
https://build.opensuse.org

To my big surprise building digiKam was easy with few clicks

1) registered and created package for openSUSE 11.2 (few clicks
following the template)
2) added source files (pointed to .bz2 files URI ...so simple ;))
3) uploaded spec file ("borrowed" one from digiKam 1.0.0 from Backports
src.rpm and just updated version)

That's it folks, if you'd like, the package repository is here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/beaujolais:/digiKam/openSUSE_11.2/

FYI: This openSUSE build service is free and can build packages for
various SUSE distros, Fedora, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, Mandriva and
xUbuntu ... give it a try ;)

...I'm hoping to have kipi-plugins 1.1.0 sometime tomorrow

Regards,
Brano